Friday, September 16, 2011

Grandparents Week: President Barack Obama

Throughout Grandparents Week, we've been posting celebrity blogs featuring many public figures, athletes, singers, and more who were raised by their grandparents or whose grandparents played a significant role in their lives. 
But, did you know that our very own President, Barack Obama, was raised by his grandparents?

In the President's Own Words: “I was raised by a single mom and my grandparents. My grandfather served in Patton’s Army, and my grandmother worked on a bomber assembly line. They didn't have money, but they gave me love, a thirst for education, and a belief that we're all part of something larger than ourselves.”
In honor of the important role grandparents play in our lives, President Barack Obama released a proclamation declaring September 11th National Grandparents Day.
Generations United applauds the President's acknowledgement of this special day, and we thank the administration for honoring grandparents and recognizing their important contribution to our communities and our lives.  
We urge the President to continue to work to create intergenerational policies and programs which support grandparents, particularly those who are caring for their grandchildren, because we are stronger together.
Photo Courtesy of: newshawker.com

9 comments:

Clover said...

This is really a great read for me. Thank you for publishing articles having a great insight stimulates me to check more often for new write ups. Keep posting!

Clover
www.n8fan.net

Chelsey said...

Cool!

vash said...

So happy to be given a privilege to post a comment here. I really enjoyed reading your blog post.

www.joeydavila.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


matreyastudios
matreyastudios.com

Leslie Lim said...

You have done a great work. Thanks for making this blog. You helped me a lot on my research topic. Keep it up guys!

Bless
www.imarksweb.org

andrea chiu said...

Time is gold. We should treasure every second of it so that in time we will not regret anything because we only live ones.I have read your article and i was glad and inspired. Thanks for it, Cheers!
Visit my site if you have time, Enjoy.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Barbie Chiu said...


Hi, just passing by to see something very interesting and gladly I've found it here. Thank you for your wonderful article it really helped me a lot. You can also visit my site if you have time.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...

amazing and nice looking site please love it and make more effective… keep it up.

www.gofastek.com