In addition to celebrating Grandparents Day on September 9th, we will be watching our favorite NFL teams play their Kick Off games for the season. Throughout the week Generations United staff will be sharing their favorite game day recipes. Today we’re featuring Alex Cutler’s recipe for Beer Bread. Word has it that when Alex makes his Beer Bread the Washington Redskins win!
Remember to watch the Redskins take on the Saints this Sunday, Sept 9th at 1:00 PM ET. Don’t forget to say Happy Grandparents Day to the special older adults in your life!
Recipe courtesy Food.com (serving 6-8)
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (any beer will work but Alex recommends seasonal Sam Adams)
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1/4 cup will do just fine)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients and beer.
3. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
4. Pour melted butter over mixture. NOTE: This recipe makes a very hearty bread with a crunchy, buttery crust. If you prefer a softer crust (like a traditional bread) mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring it over the top.
5. Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
What’s your game day recipe?