Our second feature in the NFL Game Day Recipes comes from Adam Hlava. He has kindly shared with us with his grandmother’s lasagna recipe that she used to make before Packers games in the winter. After eating a hearty meal, Adam and his family would descend upon Lambeau Field in Green Bay to watch the Packers wallop their competitors. The question is, did they wear their Cheeseheads?
Remember to watch the Packers take on the 49ers this Sunday, Sept 9th at 4:25 PM ET. Don’t forget to say Happy Grandparents Day to the special older adults in your life!
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 large and 1 small jar of pasta sauce (I use Prego)
- Box of lasagna noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups shredded Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown and season the meat (I season with garlic salt, pepper, onion powder)
2. While you are browning the meat, start boiling the noodles in salt water (you will need 9 noodles, I usually put in 10-11 just in case one or two break)
3. When the meat is browned, drain the grease and then add the pasta sauce and mix together
4. In a bowl, mix the cheddar and mozzarella cheese all together
5. When meat/sauce has simmered for about 10 minutes and the noodles are ready, drain the noodles and spray with cold water to cool off
6. In a cake size pan start layering:
- First: noodles (you should be able to get three noodles across the pan)
- Second: cover with a layer of meat sauce
- Third: cover with cheese mixture
You should be able to repeat this two more times
7. Cover with aluminum foil, poke a few holes. Put in at 350 degrees, after 30-45 minutes, take out and remove aluminum foil and put back in oven. Bake for at least another 20 minutes then enjoy!
What’s your game day recipe?